Thursday, March 31, 2011

New addition - to the nursery, that is

Do you know what this is?

You guys.  Y'all.  We registered for this booster seat.  A few days ago it came while I was at work.  Drew is physically unable to keep from opening boxes that arrive while he's home - he's the worst surpris-ee ever because he's too curious for his own good.  It's not that big a deal to me so when he called and was like "A box came for you," I knew better and I just said "Go ahead and open it babe."  When he told me it was the booster seat we registered for I was very happy and asked him who it was from.

You guys.  Y'all.  Naijababelove sent this to me.  She reads my blog.  We email but we've never met.  Do you have any idea how cool that is?  Do you have any idea how freakin awesome that is!  Oh, and she totally gave me goosebumps because the message she put on the label is the exact thing we're putting on the birth announcements.  I haven't told anyone that, and I'm not telling it now.  I want that reveal moment because it's that special to me.  But she put that on the message!  But more than that, we've never met and she got us something for the baby!  Do you have any. idea. how amazing and wonderful and awesome that is!  It's amazing.  It's wonderful.  You'd think I'd have more words because I'm such a chatterbox but I was struck speechless at her generosity.  Amazing.  

And guess what else?  My canvas came!!

When painting the mural ceased to be an option, I began thinking about a canvas with my poem on it.  Through random clicking around, I stumbled across geezees.com.  When I tell you to run, don't walk to this site if you want a canvas I mean it!  Y'all know I love words and when I saw their bus rolls?  Subway rolls?  I was in love!  I found the Etsy shop first and sent an inquiry email to the lady asking about her prices for custom canvases.  Whenever you hear 'custom' you think kabillions of dollars, so I was very happy to hear her very reasonable prices.  I hadn't yet decorated the nursery, so I wasn't sure what direction I wanted to go, but Stephanie was more than courteous, offering suggestions about what she could do, attaching pictures and offering her thoughts.  And I hadn't even bought one at this point!  Most people wouldn't even give you the time of day until your money hits their Paypal account, which I can understand, but I sure do appreciate her giving me the chance to figure out what I liked best without being like "I'll talk to you when I get my money!" 

After about 12 back and forth exchanges I was finally ready to pull the trigger and order my canvas.  By this time I'd decorated the nursery and I sent her a picture showing her where the canvas would go.  Within minutes, she sent me a mock-up that seriously made me start crying.  It was perfect!  For that room - at that time.

It was a striped background with white type and it fit perfectly with the room.  I wanted something a little more timeless, that could grow and change with our kids, something that they might want to keep or if not, that I could keep in my own house without it looking too childish.  She heard me, made a couple of changes and sent me the second mock-up, one that made me bounce in my seat squealing because that was the one!!

Okay, enough words - look at my beautiful canvas!
No lie, I read this at least every other day.




I am so happy with the way it turned out, Stephanie made it so easy for me to give her my money, and she made my vision a reality.  I hung it the second I got it and so often I just stand there and read the poem over and over, smiling a little bigger each time.  It's perfect and I love it!
Dude, seriously.  Geezees.com.  Stephanie.  Go there now and just bask in the awesomeness.

PS - I was not paid by Geezees.com or anything.  I'm a regular person who paid full price for an awesome product and I just wanted to give her mad props.  One of these days people will give me stuff for free but today's not that day.  I'm just gushing because she for real did an amazing job and I'm one satisfied customer!

10 comments:

  1. glad you liked the seat. we have a similar one for babylove and supposedly you can pack them up and take them with you to restaurants, etc.

    this appealed to the germaphobe in me, but then i had to catch myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet of her!!

    I LOVE the canvas!! SO CUTE!!! The colors are just fun enough to match, but simple enough where you can have it forever. Genius. SO perfect. Love. Love. Love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nursery is sooo cute! I love love love it! Our nursery is still a work in progress. My hubby decided to do an accent wall, but he needs to go back and find a better shade of green. And after over a month of waiting, our crib is finally in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great saying! Very cool. :) I'm hoping to come back and reread through all of your nursery posts when I'm pregnant some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO CUTE!!!!
    AHHH i thought it was going to be bigger- when i have a baby 10 years or do from now, im totally doing the mural thing and giving you full credit for the idea. And nobody asked naijababelove to take my idea! :P

    Im seriously happy for you though. And seething at the same time lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the poem. The work is beautiful. I hope you're reading it out loud because the baby can hear you. You can read it her at sleep times and it will probably calm her. Awww...

    What a sweet blog friend to send a gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so pretty and looks amazing in the nursery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much ladies! It's pretty much my favorite thing in the house and it makes me smile every time I catch a glimpse. :-)

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin