Friday, March 13, 2009

Baby steps

Oh how I love payday! Oh how I love direct deposit! I came in this morning to a wonderfully swollen bank account and I commenced to payin some bills!

I have just about everything on online bill pay so it's become quite easy to get everything taken care of. Perhaps a little too easy - I blindly paid one of my credit cards for god knows how long before realizing I was getting charged for some credit protection service that I didn't even remember signing up for. I only noticed when it didn't seem that the balance was getting that much smaller and I discovered the error. It was totally my fault, I should have checked the account activity and I'm thankful that I did eventually catch it and stopped that with a quickness!

Anyway, I'm halfway to paying off another bill! I'm so excited about it and I'm all about this bill paying thing now. :-) In addition to that, I got my taxes done last night and now I have Paris money! I was really concerned that I'd have to juggle my paycheck and try to squeeze a few pennies out for shopping and sight-seeing but now with my return I won't have to alter anything and I'll continue to be able to pay things off.

I tend to sit at my desk all day planning my budget since I know what my paycheck is now - I play games with myself, seeing if I put this much on a bill, I'll pay it off by this date, but if I put THIS much on it, I could pay it off sooner! I'm quite bored at work sometimes...

This is just such an accomplishment for me and I'm kind of giddy - I even have some money left over until next payday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin