Thursday, March 26, 2009

Coughing, achy, fever, I just wanna rest!

I think I'm getting worse. Drew's mom knitted the most beautiful wrap for me for my birthday and I'm sitting at my desk with it wrapped around me, all pitiful-like. It's getting increasingly difficult to swallow and my body is so sore. I was in bed by 8p last night and while I woke up feeling a little better, going to work definitely did not help. However, I don't want to take any sick time because I've been gone quite a bit here lately. I was gone for a day at the beginning of March for my birthday, gone another day for my uncle's service, again at the end of April for Paris, and again for a day for Mother's Day weekend. I know these are all legit but it still makes me nervous. I'm not trying to be a hero but I've been here less than six months and I don't know how it will reflect on me.

The home inspection on the second house didn't pass muster. The inside of the house was breathtaking but the structural work (or lack of it) was a nightmare. We'd have to replace the roof, rewire some things, and I think there were some plumbing problems as well. My thing is, don't the sellers think they'll get found out? You have to have a home inspection and all that stuff will come out. Who really wants to spend an arm and a leg on a house only to turn around and spend the other arm and leg fixing structural problems? So we're turning our attention to...

the suburbs.

He showed me some houses today that were absolutely gorgeous and humongous! And for the exact same price as the cute little dollhouse that we were just looking at! I know you get more house for your money in the suburbs but I didn't know how much more! I couldn't believe the prices on some of the houses - I was sure it had to be a typo.

I'm not sure how I feel about living in the suburbs but I know how I feel about having a pretty house! It can't be all bad, right? I hope?

This home-buying business is a lot more involved than I ever thought it would be and I'm really surprised - it's a wonder anybody gets a house. You find one you like but the price isn't right. You find one with the right price, wrong area. Right price and area but you have to gut the place to make it livable. Honestly, I understand why people just start from scratch.

Ugh, I can't stand being sick...

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin