Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Round Two!

The townhouse didn't happen - letting it go was difficult for all involved for various reasons but the whole experience has taught me so much. I just wish that the best lessons weren't the hardest to learn. However, that's why they call it blood sweat and tears right?

Anyway, we've shifted our focus to single family homes and I just finished looking through a sea of home listings in preparation to trek around Dallas this weekend. We've unpacked a few essentials and the house is still in pieces but I have faith that this time it's going to work out!

I spent the weekend with my best friend in KC and it was like a part of me exhaled, which is funny because we didn't stop talking for two days straight! So often, when I'm going through things I feel like I'm the only one on the planet who is struggling, that everyone else is getting it right and I'm just out there. It was soooo nice to lay it on the table and to have my best friend in the world go, 'I'm right there with you'. Just knowing that I'm not the only one who is bumbling through is so comforting. She was able to offer some much-needed perspective on things in a way that's pretty much impossible when you're knee-deep, you know? I love my best friend!

Funny story - as usual I threw things in a bag and ended up without the majority of the things I would need on a trip (toothpaste, deodorant, eye makeup remover) but I did manage to grab my conditioner! It was in a travel bottle and it was pretty old. I have a travel bag with my shower gel and lotion that I always have on standby. So, god knows what kind it was and how long it has been in the bottle. My best friend of course had conditioner but I didn't want to use it, knowing how much I use. I used the travel conditioner praying that my hair would come out halfway decent.

It came out amazing!!! No exaggeration, it looked the best it's looked since I started wearing it curly! Do I have any idea what kind of conditioner it was? Of course not!!!

Oh well. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I'm enjoying reading your blog every now and then, it does help knowing I'm also not the only one who feels like everyone else has it right all the time. I wish I had the creativity to write like I used to and because I feel like I don't, I just don't write much anymore. Just wanted to say thanks for blogging the 'real stuff'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I'm enjoying reading your blog every now and then, it does help knowing I'm also not the only one who feels like everyone else has it right all the time. I wish I had the creativity to write like I used to and because I feel like I don't, I just don't write much anymore. Just wanted to say thanks for blogging the 'real stuff'.

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin