Tuesday, March 3, 2009

House update

At least now we have an answer. Drew heard from the bank today and the loan is 2% over the limit of what they'll consider so they won't do the loan. Our realtor is looking around for alternatives but it doesn't look good. I'm disappointed but at least we have an answer.

Of course now, we have to figure out what we're going to do next. I don't know if we're going to stay where we live now which will mean unpacking all the boxes and putting everything back where it was (major pain in the backside!) or if we'll look to move to another apartment for six months and try the house thing all over again.

This has been an incredibly eye-opening experience, both from the home-buying and relationship standpoint. I learned that when it concerns my future living situation it's best that I remain involved for all aspects. I wasn't on board with it to start so I stepped out and left it up to Drew. However, when things went wrong I demanded to know why and wanted all the details, which isn't fair. I will definitely do that differently the next time around. You can't complain if you don't participate.

I'm not entirely sure what will happen next - we're going to talk about it tonight and I hope we'll find some kind of resolution soon. I'm going back to KC this weekend and I want something planned by the time I come back - I don't do well with limbo when it comes to the roof over my head.

*sigh* I really don't want to unpack everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin