Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dude, I got a Dell! *UPDATED with my birthday messages*

Today is my birthday and I was trying to upload the phone messages my dad sent me at 7 this morning but it's not working.  I'm going to keep trying and hopefully I can get them posted because they're freakin GENIUS you guys!
UPDATE:  I think it worked.  Here's the first one

Birthday message 1 from Desiree Wynn on Vimeo.
Here's the second one

Birthday message 2 from Desiree Wynn on Vimeo.
And the third one

Birthday message 3 from Desiree Wynn on Vimeo.


This is what my dad is like when we're not fighting - he would always leave me messages like this on my birthday.  My dad is so freakin silly and I just love him!!


I got lots of birthday wishes on Facebook too, which is the best thing about Facebook in my opinion!
But the BEST THING!!!  The BEST THING!!!!

Dude, I got a Dell!
It's so pretty and I looove it so much!

It's so much more convenient to sit at my house - no more library for me!  It's so sleek and fast and the pictures are so crisp and clean!  I love my new computer!!  I have great plans for me and my computer - I'm going to be a job-hunting machine mark my words!  I'm also going to write more - I see these other bloggers out there writing for all these online magazines and newspapers and websites, I think it's about time I throw my hat in the ring for that.  I also plan to click on all those 'stay at home mom makes $7,000/month' things and see where that takes me.  I'll keep you posted.

Drew also got me the sweetest card!


He is such a sweetie pie!


I even got a birthday card from the dog!  Drew kept asking me if I'd gone out to check the mail, and I'd been cooking so I hadn't been out there yet.  Finally he went to get it and told me that I'd gotten a card from the backyard.  I was only half-listening, so I was like whaa?  Then he handed me a card addressed to 'The Pretty Lady That Feeds Me' with a 'backyard' return address.  It was seriously the cutest thing ever!!  When I'm not cursing the dog and she's being cute, I call her MayaBoo, MayaPoopyFace, PoopyHead, or MayaBooPoopyHeadFace.  Not sure where it came from - I promise I don't have an unnatural fixation.

So far it's been a great birthday.  I don't think we have anything planned and I cooked enough food Friday night for an army.  I don't know what got into me, but I started cooking and four full meals later our refrigerator is full.  I made another one yesterday because I had shrimp and didn't want it to go bad.  If you care about that sort of thing, I made the celery soup but added chicken, the chicken spaghetti, potato leek pizza, comfort meatballs, creamy mashed potatoes, and the penne alla Betsy.  Except for the soup, they all came from the Pioneer Woman cookbook and I messed up every single one of them - including the celery soup.  They weren't inedible but since I used stuff we had around the house, they weren't identical to the recipe.  For example, the pizza called for her recipe for pizza crust but we had bread dough in the house so I substituted it.  However, the bread dough I used should have been cooked first by itself before putting the toppings on it - the crust of the pizza came out just fine, but underneath the toppings was still a bit doughy.  

But you know what?  I don't cook - at all, and for me to do this was major.  I'm just lucky Drew has an iron stomach - I've not yet seen him turn his nose up at something.  The chicken spaghetti has cream of mushroom soup in it and he doesn't like that, but he sure did have several helpings of it over the past couple of days!  I just have to make a beschamel the next time I make that dish.  As soon as I figure out what beschamel is - which I can google on my new computer!!

I'm just concerned for Drew - he's setting the bar pretty high for himself.  Last birthday I got Paris.  This birthday, a new computer.  What's he going to do for the next one?  It also tells me I have to step it up for his birthday - I wish I'd thought of giving him a card from the dog.

I'm just glad he's home with me - with all his travel I was really worried that I'd have to spend my birthday alone, even though I know he would have never let that happen.  My poor guy is at jury duty right now - I really hope he gets dismissed.  The irony is that I have jury duty next week!  I wonder if they do it like that on purpose - do they do it by address or something?  I have no reason to get out of it either - I'm not the head of the household or a company, I'm not disabled and I'm certainly not employed so it looks like I'm stuck.  I've never had jury duty before - you can be certain I'll be blogging about it....

from my new computer!!!!!!




11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! :-)

    Gem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Desiree! Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!!! Love the computer! I am in the market for a new one, so you will have to update on how you are liking it!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I'm so happy and excited about your beautiful Dell! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Desiree! I got that exact same Dell laptop at X-mas & I LOVE it! You will SO enjoy it! Sounds like a great start to your day! Oh, & Drew gets some serious brownie points ;) Very cute card...

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEFFA.....I had no idea today was your birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHICARITA!!!! I hope you had a most fabulous day! I didn't read the post. LOL I just saw it was your birthday and wanted to send you well wishes! AND.....why are we not Facebook friends! LOL

    SMOOCHES!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday, Desiree! And to answer your question, you can make your blog post show up on FB by going to the status box and hoovering over the little icons below the box.
    There is a link icon and if you click it, you can paste your link there. click the send button and there you go!
    So excited you got a computer... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! And your Dad's messages were awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you thought last year was good this year will be BETTER!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday.. your dad is hilarious... and the card was so sweet from your husband and Maya... and congrats on that laptop.. there is NOTHING like it. Mine went out late last year and it was recommended that I buy a desktop to avoid it.. well I HATE sitting at the desk, and hardly ever used it.

    So I bought a teeny laptop last week. LOL

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin