Monday, March 8, 2010

Terrible horrible no-good very bad day

Can this day just be over already?  First, I had jury duty.  I arrived early this morning to the courthouse after circling the block five times (no exaggeration) because of the stupid one-way streets downtown and no clear entrances to public parking.  After finally finding a spot, I went to the central jury room after waiting in line behind a kabillion people.  Talk about a slice of Americana, y'all - and not the good kind.  Remember my last post, how I said I was judgmental?  There were piles, mountains even! of material in that jury room.  They showed a short video from the 80s detailing the out-dated jury experience, talking about leaving your forms in the check-in box when we'd all had our barcodes scanned only moments before.


I was chosen for traffic court, which I didn't even know had juries.  At least the court was close to my house - that's why they chose me.  I was dismissed from the big courthouse to go to the smaller one later that afternoon.


With my time off, I took Maya to the vet.  Her eye has been oozing gunk for the past three days and it wasn't getting better.  $100 and a conversation with the dumb vet, my dog has pink-eye.  Greeeeat.  Maya is now 85 pounds and she will be a year old on Wednesday, which means she's the size of a fifth-grader and the brain of a three year old on crack.  She goes nuts around other dogs, jumping and pulling so she can sniff and lick.  It was all I could do to control her and I could feel those vet techs judging me for not being able to control my dog.  I was sweating by the time I was able to wrestle her out the door and into the car, where she immediately calmed down.  Why Jesus???  Why does she have to be a lunatic around other dogs?  Why can't she just behave?  I can barely control her anymore and it sucks.


Drew and I got into a nasty fight and he doesn't get home until Friday so even though we've made up I'm still by myself.  I hate fighting when he's out of town - I hate fighting when he's in town.  I hate fighting with him, period.  We have been doing so freakin good, getting along like champions and then this.  I really thought we were making strides, turning a corner, all that.  Please Jesus, let me get through this newlywed crap.  Give me patience to forgive.  Please.


Then I go back to traffic court.  The bailiff has us sign in and then asks us to go into the courtroom according to our sign-in number.  That was too complicated for the group of geniuses I was with.  It was like freakin musical chairs - where do I sit now?  What was my number?  Can I see that sheet again? I'm number 1, where do I sit?  So can we sit just anywhere?  There were 12 of us!  Twelve!! One through six, first row.  Seven through twelve, second row.  Come on!!!!!


Then the case was dismissed and no one told us, so we didn't even have to be there!  Oh well, my civic duty is fulfilled.  I do not want to be bothered until next year at the earliest, thankyouverymuch.  


And then. And then, I get on the internet only to find a blogger that I've been reading for over a year now is pregnant.  *punch to the gut*  Is everyone in the world pregnant but me?  Her blog is about hair so she just kind of dropped it in one of her posts but it was as though there was nothing else on the screen.  Awesome.


It's only 8:30.  Is it too early to just go to bed?  I need a do-over.  


8 comments:

  1. Jury duty sucks & so does hearing about another random pregnancy :( I'm sorry you had such a shitty Monday! Hoping you have a much better rest of the week!

    Hugs,
    HT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want you to realize that the overwhelming majority of the population has the IQ of a rock. So when things like jury duty happen, they get all confused. Sorry, wow! Listen to me! I'm on the hate train too today!

    Also, I am not pregnant and I am excited about seeing you Saturday. xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel with Mya! My puppy Cooper is such a good dog, until people come over. Then he is jumping, running, and peeing all around the house. I have no idea why. The minute they leave, he is back to his sweet, normal, behaved self. Strange. I feel for you!!

    Hope your Tuesday is better than your Monday was!!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new header! You should put another pic of you up I think so it can be bookended with Desiree-ness.

    I also, am not pregnant and jury duty does tend to bring 'em all together huh? That's why I always vowed to SERVE on a jury; enough people get sent away unnecessarily due to the Stupids.

    Gem

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH also, if you're still needing extra money (haha) have you considered substitute teaching? That way you can bring in extra money without any commitment?

    Gem

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl.....I'll have to tell you my jury duty story one day. It involves a stripper named Delighted. smh

    And no...you're not the only one not pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH also, if you're still needing extra money (haha) have you considered substitute teaching? That way you can bring in extra money without any commitment?

    Gem

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want you to realize that the overwhelming majority of the population has the IQ of a rock. So when things like jury duty happen, they get all confused. Sorry, wow! Listen to me! I'm on the hate train too today!

    Also, I am not pregnant and I am excited about seeing you Saturday. xo :)

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin