Friday, July 17, 2009

It's my 100th post!

I've had a hundred things to talk about y'all! This all started when I got an email from my brother telling me about Cori and Kelly's blogs. I went to check them out, like the voyeur (or is it voyeuse?) that I am. I sort of knew them; Cori and I went to the same high school although she was a year ahead of me and we didn't run around in the same circles. I knew who she was though; she was a cheerleader and had big curly 80s hair that was always perfectly done (and I'm not just saying that - it really was). Now I feel like I know her better than some of my real life friends and I'm sure she can say the same about me. Next time I'm in KC I really hope we can get together for coffee or something. Kelly's blog always makes me laugh with the antics her kids get into - it's crazy to think that a guy in my baby brother's class is married with two kids (and has an awesome wife to boot)!

Clicking around from their blogs led me to Joleene's. We also went to the same high school and she was a cheerleader too. My most vivid memory of Joleene was in her cheerleader uniform with her letterman jacket. She and the other cheerleaders always seemed to have the most fun and have the most friends around them at lunch. Can y'all tell I was fascinated by the cheerleaders? I came from a small Catholic school and had a really conservative upbringing and I read a TON. The whole concept of the cheerleader/quarterback phenomenon was so enticing to me and I always had secret dreams of being a cheerleader and dating a quarterback, or at least someone on the football team. Alas, in high school I was way too shy to be an outgoing bubbly cheerleader so I took my love of dance to the drill team which was great fun in its own right, but I still had my dreams.

Anyway, from there I just started clicking around. I've always said that you are not the first person on the planet to go through whatever it is you're dealing with, that someone has gone before you and has probably written a book about it. It is never more true than in the blog world! Whatever you're thinking, feeling, fearing or loving, someone's right along with you and they probably have a blog about it!

Are you biracial and have no clue to do what to do with your hair? Teri and Nikki can help you out with that. Did you just buy a house and don't know where to begin? Dude! There are a KABILLION design blogs out there but some of my favorites are John and Sherry and Kristina, who lives in Dallas and can make MAGIC with thrift store finds! And bonus, I've actually spoken with her - okay fine, we chatted on gmail but that counts! We've actually got plans to meet! It'll be my first in person blogger meeting and I'm so excited! Exclamation point!

Are you a black woman dating a white man and feel like you're the only one out there? Well guess what, you're not! Keya actually has a LIST of 'us'! One day Kesha left a comment on my blog and I went over to see hers and you will never find cuter kids in your life! I immediately enlarged one of the pictures of her sons and marched the laptop over to Drew. 'Baby this is what our kids are going to look like!' He was not nearly as excited, but that's ok. Future Mama (Jennifer) is an awesome read and we have our relationships in common too! Honestly, it's so comforting to know you're not alone - you're never alone. Just reach out and you'll find what you need.

Whatever you're dealing with, there's someone right there with you. Whatever accomplishment you've achieved, there's someone to congratulate you. Whenever you're angry, you've got an outlet. It's a cool thing and it's so much fun.

Even though I'm not big-time and I have nothing to sell and I have nothing to give away and this isn't my job I always can offer a (virtual) shoulder to lean on, a (virtual) open palm to high-five (everyone loves a high-five), a (virtual) closed fist to beat somebody up on your behalf (even though I've never been in a fight in my life), two arms for a (virtual) hug, and two good eyes to read your blog every day.

Thank y'all so much for following my little life and my hundred ramblings and I thank you for allowing me to follow yours. Great things are coming and I have lots more stories for you so stick around!

2 comments:

  1. I love blogs and have met so many great people (including you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just now catching up on my blog reading, so sorry for commenting so late, but great blog and I love reading all about your life. You are always so honest and entertaining!!

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin