Monday, May 18, 2009

Always on time

My prayer was answered! Saturday was a perfect day, exactly what I needed. Early that morning, Drew went to run errands with Milton and left me in the house myself. It was so nice and quiet - even the dog was behaving. I was finally able to get to the laundry, which had been taunting me for the past week. I did the dishes and picked up the house a bit. I took a nice long shower and even did a face mask, all in peace and quiet. I was thanking God the whole time for answering my prayers. All I wanted was a moment of tranquility and that's what I got!

After Drew got home, we went to Bed Bath and Beyond and Target and I lost my mind getting stuff for the bathrooms! When we moved in, almost everything structural was already done so we don't have to paint or renovate anything. That was the biggest draw for us - it was already painted in the style we liked, so all we had to do was decorate. We got some awesome shelves for the bathroom and the greatest soap dispenser and tumbler! Then at Target we found the best frame that perfectly matched them! All I have to do now is hang the bamboo shade in the bathroom and it will be done. Now, the soap dispenser and tumbler we were using went in the other bathroom and once we hang the toilet paper holder, that bathroom will be done as well. It feels so good to finish another little thing without too much effort.

A friend of ours is an interior designer and is coming over this week to give me some pointers. Once I get a sense of direction from her, I'm going to town - I'm excited to feather our nest! Everywhere I've lived in the past has been decorated very quickly after I've moved in. Granted, this is a house with way more to decorate than a one-bedroom apartment, but I'm going to do my best. Living 'Money Pit' style is not my cup of tea.

Sunday we were very domestic and spent a good part of the day weeding the landscaping in the front and back. Drew cleaned out the gutters and we pulled all the dead stuff out of the yard. It was very clear that the previous homeowners paid waaay more attention to the inside of the house than the outside but that's ok - it felt really good to get down there and clear away all the weeds. I'd love to put some flowers in but I don't know about the dog. It would break my heart to plant something and have her chew/dig it up or otherwise destroy it. She's on thin ice with me as it is. So for now, I'll settle for just cleaning up the yard and sprucing up what's already there and perhaps later I'll venture out.

It was a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin