Friday, May 8, 2009

Mr. Mom

Since Drew has the more flexible job he's been staying home to be with Maya and I'm kind of jealous. She did well with the crate last night, only whimpering when she had to go outside. I got up once, Drew got up twice and the last time was right before the alarm went off so when they came back inside he let her get in the bed to wake me. She was stepping on my head and climbing all over me and I have to say I wasn't even upset. It's amazing how much and how quickly I've changed in my feelings toward the puppy. I've gone from adamantly against dogs of any kind to letting one step on my head and nip my fingers. Baby, gloating is ugly (just in case he reads this).

Once I was awake, he hit the snooze one more time and she actually settled down with a chew toy. We silently laid there holding hands, with the puppy between us and it was so sweet. We could hear the birds and it's such a welcome change from the noise of the city. That's somewhat comforting in it's own way, but this feels so much more right. I didn't want to get out of bed.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for KC and I'm going to miss Maya! Not that I don't want to see my family, but I'd love to spend the weekend at home playing with the puppy (and organizing some more - the Container Store is having a sale!). But it's okay, we're going to have lots more weekends at home hanging out.

I've become such a softie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin