Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Back at it

This was a very full weekend for us! While we haven't yet had a formal housewarming, this weekend felt like it. We had people over pretty much the whole time. And of course I got minimal pictures - I have to get better about that. Anyway, I got off work Friday at 2 - so not expecting that and I was sooo happy! I went straight to Bed Bath & Beyond and Target for what felt like the 60th time to return some stuff we'd gotten. Drew and I have a habit of buying things without prepping first. We'll go to the grocery store with no list and a fuzzy idea of what's in the pantry. It's hard because he does the majority of the cooking yet he wants me to buy stuff. It doesn't work all that well. It's the same with the home stuff - we bought a shade for the bathroom without first measuring the window so of course it turned out to be too narrow. After finally getting the right shade he hung it up but of course I don't have a picture of it. However I do have a pic of the other side of the bathroom, of which I am extremely proud! The soap dispenser and the tumbler are my favorite and we got the frame at Target and it matched perfectly!It's at a funny angle because I had to stand outside the bathroom to get the shot. The bathroom off our bedroom is what you call *cozy*.


That night we went to our neighbor's house for a happy hour where we met a bunch of our other neighbors. I'm really pleased - it's a good mix of people and all were really warm and welcoming to us. Of course, everyone wanted to see Maya - it seems that everyone in the neighborhood has a giant dog. Yippee. We did bring her over after our neighbors put their giant dogs in the other room and everyone went nuts over her. Apparently, charcoal labs are rare and everyone loves puppies. What shocked the crap out of me is that she behaved! She didn't bite or pee or anything! I think she smelled the other dogs and that did something to her. I told our neighbors that we were moving in because I'd never seen her that well behaved.

Saturday, we had some of Drew's work friends over for dinner. Drew cooked an AMAZING meal! Did I get pictures? Of course not. I suck at this blog illustrating thing. ;-) We hung out with them and it was really nice to just chill instead of a loud restaurant with bad service or something like that. I could get used to home-cooked meals all the time.

Sunday Drew woke me up at the crack of dawn asking did I want to go to Lowe's with him. Wha??? I just wanted to sleep! But he wanted me to go so I dragged myself out of bed at 9am to go buy a grill. Ever since we moved in, he's been talking about the grill. Well, finally we have the grill. Along with a lawnmower, leaf blower, an edger (I think), and some other Tim the Toolman stuff. You should have seen him - he was like a kid in a candy store. My girlfriend Betsy came over with her family and her boys were just loving Maya. So much so that she actually came inside of her own accord and went to her crate to get some peace! I thought that was hilarious - those boys were wearing her out! Again, only a couple of pictures.

We had lunch outside because it was so nice. I think Drew just wanted to be close to the grill.

We had a great time and I really enjoyed it. Later that night Milton came over with his girlfriend and we hung out by the chiminea he got us for our housewarming gift. It was really cool!

All day Monday Drew was in the garage putting all his tools together and arranging them the way he wants them. It was really cute - it warms my heart to see him excited, it really does. I cleaned inside and we took a break to go out to Crate and Barell outlet and see what they had. I wasn't super impressed - they just had a lot of accessories, fillers for when your house is already done and you need a finishing touch. But at least we know where it is. We also went to Salvation Army and I got a desk! It's my first refinishing project! I'm super excited and can't wait to get started. I'll definitely take pictures of this one and I can't wait to see how it will turn out. I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm positive I'll make mistakes but I honestly don't care; I've been wanting to do this ever since I started looking at all the design blogs.


And bonus! We have rose bushes on the side of the house! The previous owners didn't take very good care of them so Drew and I are going to nurse them back to health. We got the rose food and everything - from Lowe's of course. These are some of the blooms from our rosebushes. I've got them on my nightstand and I can't wait till we've got more. I've never been a fan of buying flowers and putting them on display so you can just watch them wilt up close - I much prefer to go to a garden where I can admire them and they don't have to die. However, with our roses, you have to prune them so they'll grow so I don't feel bad about doing it - plus, they came from our very own yard!

All in all, it was a good weekend and I really enjoyed seeing our friends and hanging out with them. I want to start on the desk this week - I'm really curious to see how this stripping stuff works and I'm excited to see what's underneath. I'm looking forward to the day when I can say that I found it at Salvation Army and refinished it with my own two little hands! I'll keep y'all posted...


Drew and Maya when they're not being bad

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin