Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Teeny tiny victories

Why I heart my boyfriend: I called home yesterday to give Drew the heads-up that I was hormonal and upset and to put the dog in the crate when I got there to give me a break from the biting. As soon as I walked in the door, he ushered Maya to her crate and gave me a big ol hug and told me he was sorry I was having a tough day. awwwww :-) Then he went to the store to pick up some things and he got me a fruit tart, which is only my most favorite dessert in the universe! He's such a sweetie pie cutie head face!

I started putting together the storage cubes that I got from The Container Store and that did so much to lighten my mood (victory!). I'm not done because the neighbors came over (grrr) but I have high hopes that I'll make a big dent tonight. I hope no other neighbors come over tonight - everybody wants a peek at the newest kids on the block - but if they do, I'm just going to be anti-social and lock myself in the closet. I'm going to organize that closet if it's the last thing I do! I feel so much better today and bonus - I'm wearing the cutest outfit if I do say so myself. One of the biggest gripes I had when we were living in boxes is that I couldn't wear my jewelery. I've worn one ring, one necklace, small diamond studs and my watch since February. I have taken such joy in changing it up since we moved to the house and I'm wearing pretty blue danglies with a blue bracelet with a top I got when I was in KC, a pencil skirt and my Jessica Simpson heels. I feel super cute! Victory!

However, I've had a minor fail with the hair and makeup and I'm blaming the bed. Yes, the king-size unbelievably comfortable bed with the awesome pillows and the plush duvet cover. I'm also blaming the bedroom - that dark, cool, quiet sanctuary. The bed and the bedroom are conspiring against me - they want to keep me in their clutches and make me late for work. I could. not. get out of bed this morning. The puppy is still not sleeping through the night, although we're getting longer stints, and she only had one accident yesterday (victory!).

I got up at 3 this morning to let her out and the disruption in sleep is not conducive to getting out of bed on time. Drew is up and in the kitchen making coffee before the alarm even finishes going off where I hit the snooze over and over again. I have to be out of bed no later than 6:20 in order to be at work on time; I didn't roll out of bed till 6:50 this morning. It was the bed! The pillows molded themselves around me! The duvet worked itself up under my chin and I had no choice! It took all the strength I had to tear myself away from their grasp. I fought to turn on the lights, to triumph over the cool, inviting darkness telling me I had a few more minutes, I could lay there a few more minutes...

I finally get in the shower and wash my hair where I begin to wake up. Of course, it's 7:20 by the time I get out and the bus comes between 7:45-7:55. I'm still new to the bus thing, and by the time I get all my crap together and get outside by 7:53, I've missed the bus. Thank God I take the bus because my company pays for it and not because I have to or I'd be in duck soup! I holler to Drew to move his car so I can drive to work and I get to my desk at 8:31 with no makeup on and my hair all crazy. It was windy while I was waiting for the bus and wet hair and wind make for a hot mess! Sure glad my outfit was cute! :-)

I have to plan my defense against the bed and the bedroom! Tomorrow: No snooze, I'll pack my lunch the night before, and I will leave the house with hair and makeup done. They will not best me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin