Friday, May 22, 2009

Living for the weekend

Aside from the fact that I'm not challenged or developed at work, I do like my company and the people I work with. However, now that we have the house I look forward to the time off so I can do home decorating stuff. Last night, our interior designer friend came over and gave us great ideas for the house and I'm really excited to get started. We already have a bunch of plans for the long weekend and I have a feeling that it's going to go by really quickly.

BUT, I just have to share what just happened - my mouth is still hanging open. I'm a receptionist and in my short almost-six months here I've heard some really interesting calls. It's ranged from people wanting to speak to the CEO because there are roaches in their apartment in California (what exactly do you want the CEO in Dallas to do about it?) to people calling because they shouldn't have to pay rent because they got laid off. I feel sorry for those people and it sucks out loud that you got laid off but why does that mean that all of a sudden you're exempt from paying your bills? I don't know about people sometimes.

But this one takes the cake. This guy just called our office wanting to know what our phone number was. Think on that for a quick second. You called here, and you want to know what our number is? I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, thinking that he perhaps dialed information and they transferred him and he didn't take down the number that they gave him. Nope - he looked it up on the internet. Which means he had the number right in front of him and he dialed it, and then asked what our number was.

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin