Thursday, May 28, 2009

By the bootstraps

Giving in to the blues is a dangerous game - there's so much ugliness in the world and in our lives that thinking on it for an extended period of time is asking for trouble. It's a slippery slope and before you know it, you haven't gotten out of bed the whole day because what's the point anyway. I won't do it - I refuse I refuse I refuse.

Go here now - I'll wait. Her positivity and peaceful words and so uplifting it's a pleasure to visit.

I've been randomly clicking around various blogs and what I've found is sometimes disconcerting. I think I'm getting old - things shock me now that didn't used to. My sensibilities have gotten more delicate as well. I was clicking on some blogs and my stomach turned at some of the things I saw. I won't make links to any of it - besides, I'm sure I'm not seeing anything that anyone else hasn't seen a million times already. I also won't make links because if that's how you want to live, I will not judge - I will just click away as fast as I can. Interestingly, there were some other blogs that were so sickly sweet I literally got a stomachache. I found myself questioning whether these people and their lives were actually real. 'Pretty blogs' indeed. I found that it made me value those who keep it real, who are unafraid to simply document their lives, without trying to shock or sugar-coat. Those people are on my reading list - I mean the real people, not the design blogs. I understand those people have blogs about their businesses and not their personal lives.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm here to reach out, to connect. It's been said so many times over that we are more technologically connected than any other generation but we are more personally disconnected than we've ever been. I'm here to get affirmation, to find that reassurance that I'm not alone in what I feel and what I'm thinking. And I've been successful - I've found people with hair like mine, with thoughts and fears like mine, even with a sense of humor like mine. It is my hope that perhaps I too can offer the same sense of solidarity, that same feeling of 'I'm with ya girl! You're not the only one!'

I'm stressed and I'm sad, but I know just where to go to pull myself up by the boostraps. Thanks, my blog peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin