Thursday, May 14, 2009

Baby steps

Yea! I got the closet organized!! It looks so wonderful and when I finished I just stood there and admired my handiwork for a good five minutes. Seriously. I've always known that order soothes me - that's why I like grocery stores. Seeing everything lined up in an orderly fashion with everything in its proper place is very calming to me.

As this is my first 'house project' I understandably messed up, but I'm super cool with it. I applied the adhesive incorrectly for the top of my drawer unit and I got three storage cubes for the top shelf. Unfortunately, it's too big for the second shelf so now it lives in the linen closet - my measurements were a bit off. I just feel awesome that I got it done and it made me realize I have a lot of shoes!! Being limited to the four pair that I was wearing kind of made me forget that I had so many - they're everywhere. But have a gander at my organized closet - I'm so proud!


My awesome storage unit with a new top and new drawers from The Container Store - on sale!!


Lined up from light to dark, similar items grouped together, I love it!


Storage cubes for my purses - on sale! I'm going to re-fold the second shelf; I don't like how it looks but I petered out at the end.

As far as me and the bed monster, I had a little better luck this morning, largely due to the fact that I didn't have to wash my hair. Still no makeup, but at least I didn't miss the bus. Baby steps; right now I'm just tickled that I got the closet done. And of course, now that it looks pretty I want all wooden hangers so it looks even cleaner. I remember seeing some at Big Lots... Yup, I definitely have a problem!

The bathrooms are next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin