Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Haulin'

So Milton was supposed to help me get the loveseat (Craigslist!) but due to some major drama, he had to cancel. Luckily, Drew scrambled and found me a truck and is going to pick it up for me tonight. I heart my boyfriend!

But it got me thinking... I have a whole house to furnish and I fully intend to hit up all the Goodwills and Salvation Army's and Craigslist posts to get it done. I'm fantasizing about sanding something down in the garage and painting it and then having friends come over and marvel at my creative skill. I'll then breezily say, 'Oh I refinished that with my own two hands', and they'll collectively gasp at my amazing talent. Or something like that.

The problem is, I can't expect Milton to be on call to come out to some random Goodwill because I've found the perfect piece and I simply have to have it now. I'm going to have to figure out a way to haul stuff on my own. So I'm thinking I need a truck. Not a pickup truck mind you - I'm not that Texan. I'm thinking more along the lines of an old SUV, a Forerunner maybe. That way, when I'm at the Salvation Army and see the greatest cabinet for the dining room, I can get it right then and my big strong boyfriend can unload it at home and I can get all Martha Stewart on it. That's my plan - I wonder if he'll go for it. Maybe if I tell him we can haul outdoor stuff in it too that will reel him in. I don't owe that much on my car and it's got really low mileage because I never drive so I'm pretty sure I could get rid of it fairly easily.

*wheels turning*

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin