Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson

I was getting ready to leave work and turn off the TVs when I saw the announcement on the news. I gasped so loud and ran to get my girlfriend in her cube. She heard me and came out and we both watched, speechless. He was so young...

I remember the first time he did the moonwalk - the first time. I remember reading about his pet snake Muscles and his chimp Bubbles. I didn't have a crush on him as much as I was fascinated by him; he could dance like no one I'd ever seen and I was enthralled. The Thriller video was revolutionary at the time and for all his troubles and controversy, the man was an icon, a legend.

I saw the documentary of him in London and I remember thinking what a troubled man he was. Of course, no one with the amount of talent he had could be without troubles and I believe his upbringing and his childhood environment left him with some pretty serious scars. Having so much fame, so much money, so much everything so young was bound to do some sort of damage. I felt so sorry for him that he didn't get to have a regular childhood where his only concern was being home before the lights came on. I feel for his children; apparently, he had sole custody of all three. Poor babies.

Tiffany has put up a beautiful montage of pictures so I'll only put one here. But go look at them - they're so moving. I grew up a little today.

It comes in threes - rest in peace Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin