Friday, June 19, 2009

Vintage jewelry

Two things: one, I'm really impressed with my camera and two, I have very liney hands - it's a word, go with it.

So Drew's been out of town for the past couple of days and I've used the time to finish my desk (of which I'm going to post my awesome pictures soon), spend time with the dog and tonight I'm going to clean the house uninterrupted. Exciting, I know.

Anywho, I'm an organizing fanatic and getting organizing ideas makes me positively giddy. In browsing my usual design blogs, I came across this one with a wonderful idea for organizing jewelry (thanks Beth!). I had seen the fancy ones at Bed Bath and Beyond for like $40 and I just wasn't going to spend that kind of money. Enter Lowe's, my new favorite store!
Good - $20 at BBB

Better - $5 at Lowe's

I had gotten a couple of them and while Maya was asleep I dumped my jewelry, got rid of some things and set to organizing! I was so happy! I still have one small box with my really good pieces and my rings but everything was so much more visible, less tangled and it's always fun 'finding' things you forgot you had.

So this morning, I was perusing my newly organized jewelry for stuff to wear and I lingered on my class ring. I haven't worn it in so long, mostly because I couldn't see it underneath all my other stuff. Out of sight, out of mind I guess. For funsies, I put it on and finished getting ready for work. I had breakfast at the food court and while I was eating, I looked at my ring and realized I have been out of high school for fifteen. years
...............................................................................

Okay, I'm back. Daaaaaammmmmmn. Like I said earlier, I don't look my age, I don't feel it, and god knows I don't act it so to realize something like that is very sobering. Does fifteen-year-old jewelry count as vintage?


2 comments:

  1. Haha! Well I'm not sure how old you are but you don't look like you've been out of school for 15 years! I'm not sure if that counts as vintage though, hmm.. I guess it depends on the person.

    Thank-you so much for your comment! It does look like we have A LOT in common! I'm so excited to have a new blog friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Well I'm not sure how old you are but you don't look like you've been out of school for 15 years! I'm not sure if that counts as vintage though, hmm.. I guess it depends on the person.

    Thank-you so much for your comment! It does look like we have A LOT in common! I'm so excited to have a new blog friend!

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin