Monday, June 29, 2009

Ode to a sandwich

We went to bed late last night so I'm feeling kind of loopy and yes, I'm about to write about a sandwich. We made egg salad for lunch for today and I just came back from eating the most amazing sandwich in the universe! I'm more of a one-trick pony - I have a couple of tried and true recipes and I stick to those. Drew is the adventurous one, putting in a dash of this or that and coming out with a masterpiece. Case in point, my egg salad sandwich.
I boiled and shelled the eggs (and composted them, thank you very much!) but he mixed everything up. When I tell you it was the best egg salad sandwich I've ever tasted in my whole life, that's an understatement. He put curry powder, green onions, hot mustard, yellow mustard, mayo, and I'm sure there was some fairy dust in there too. We used the bolillo bread from the Mexican grocery store (ode to the grocery store coming soon), and finished it with some yummy tomatoes. So freakin good! I was sad when I took my last bite. My baby is the best chef ever, he works the magic with lunch!

I got a new compost bin as well. I seriously hope the garbage men don't take this one and if they do, I'm bustin some heads.

Sunday we went to The Dump, which is a massive furniture store. They carry discontinued stuff, samples and basically things that you wouldn't find in say, a Haverty's or Rooms to Go. I love unique furniture and it was fun to roam around checking out their airplane-hangar sized warehouse. The best part is Drew found a 'throne' and wanted to bring it home with him that day. Ummm, I don't think so.
His feet didn't even touch the floor! It was so hideous I had to get a shot of it - this picture can serve as proof that he sat on a throne because that's as close as it's getting to my house.

This is the first weekend that we didn't have a mountain of house stuff to do - we still did housework but it wasn't a sunup to sundown kind of thing. I think we may be nearing the light at the end of the tunnel. Tomorrow - the adventure of the doggy door!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, my phone chimes. I run to it from across the house, anxious to read what you've said. I save them in my email and read them multiple times a day, which is why you may not get an immediate response but I promise I eventually respond to every comment that has an email address.

You make me smile - I just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin